Thread: Dynamic Objects

Dynamic Objects

Please use Dynamic objects if you manage several different organizations FortiGates with your Manager. It will save you a lot of hassle and will enable you to use the same policy across the board and the IP's etc change appropriately.

I'm considering getting a FortiManager for my environment, currently have 11 FGTS in production 4 of which are 1500D clusters.. Trying to keep things like SSL-DPI Exceptions in Sync across the board is PAINFUL! However, I've heard that the FTMGR has a pretty steep learning curve that comes with it, much like the FAZ when needing reports.

Buy one, set it up in a lab with 2-4 fortigates. Spend all day pushing different configs or changes to it. It isn't intuitive but it is.....I know that sounds weird. It doesn't make sense until you dive in really.

I've a an old FTMGR 1000C sitting here that I just updated to 5.2.9 and I'm thinking about syncing to my home/Prod 90D. You're right, It's totally not intuitive at all and I'm quite freaked out about it. Perhaps i will wait until I get some other devices hooked into it and leave my Prod/90D alone for now.

Yeah, get a few test Gates and run them off of it and play away

Ok, next week I will be bringing home 3-4 FWF-40c's and playing with the FMGR.
    Home Prod: FGT-90D / FortiOS 5.4.1
    Supported FGTs: x6 800Cs /FortiOS 5.2.9 & 5.4.1 | x2 FGT-1500D Clusters / FortiOS 5.2.9

"Find your passion and go for it!"

How did your testing go? The FortiManager is super powerful but definitely able to nuke a device or deployment of devices REALLY quick if you aren't careful!